Fire Door Installation
Installation of fire doors is as life critical as the product specification itself and should only be carried out by someone who is competent, has been specifically trained to install fire doors and understands their responsibilities in getting it right (and ideally as part of a third party certificated process).
Cease Fire Services install new fire Doors and maintain and inspect existing fire doors for clients in Ireland and the UK Cease Fire Services provide full documentation on all doors new and existing for clients.
Cease Fire Services would currently install and inspect approximately 5700 doors per annum whilst supporting our clients with saving on new builds.
Key things to remember when installing a fire door
- Any individual fitting a fire door should be fully trained and competent to do so
- Look for a label or a plug to show that the door is certificated and check the instructions/certificate supplied
- Essential Ironmongery such as locks, latches, closers and hinges MUST be CE marked, firmly fixed with no missing screws and compatible with the door leaf’s certification.
- The choice of frame/lining/casing and intumescent/smoke seals should also be compatible
- The instructions on the door – they should be followed to ensure correct installation
- The frame specification – should be correct for the door’s fire rating
- The Building Regulations – are you following ALL of them correctly
- Apertures ONLY from Licensed Converters – DO NOT cut apertures on site. Cutting apertures for glazing and air transfer grilles will make certification VOID as will trimming the door more than is permitted or planing off certification markings
- The gap between door and frame at the top and sides should be 2-4 mm and the threshold gap as per manufacturers instructions (typically around 6-8 mm) – the certificate will include details of this
- Ensure any voids between door frame and wall are tightly packed with mineral wool
- Check the certificate to ensure that you are only using compatible ironmongery (hinges, closers etc) and intumescent seals (in all the right places)
- Once complete. check that the closer shuts the door onto the latch from any position
Cease Fire Services work in partnership with Property Owners, landlords, facilities management companies, Education and Health Authorities to ensure we deliver a Fire Door Installation and Maintenance programme that gives them peace of mind as their competent partner.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements .